Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Share your best story

As we prepare for Dad's funeral, I figured this site could be used to remember all the great times we shared with him. If you have any memorable stories or secrets to expose, please post them here! The family would love to compile these for future laughs (and cries if due).

1 comment:

  1. La Familia Foster-PenaFebruary 15, 2012 at 4:37 AM

    I’m not certain if I met Steve before the weekend of his wedding. But that’s where my memories of Uncle Steve start-up. As I remember my small part of that life event for him and my Aunt Marian, I was sitting in the pew of a church in Indiana. It was a long road trip my dad took us on. And it seemed important for us all to be gathered there. After all, my favorite Aunt was getting married. At that time, I didn’t know the full gravity of marriage, but I knew & adored my Aunt Marian from before my memories start. My brother was in that church attempting to practice being the ring-bearer in your wedding ceremony but at not quite 4 years old, he was crying due to stage fright and perhaps being the center of attention with too many adults giving direction. Whatever the problem was, I was ready to “come off the bench to get in the game” and help out my beloved Aunt. I don’t recall exactly all the words and discussions but I remember being glad, proud even, to get the ring bearer assignment for that wedding.

    I thank Uncle Steve for being such a cool uncle to me and for putting a positive impression on me from the first time I met him. It really pains me that I didn't share those words with him during his recovery.

    ReplyDelete