Steve Cochran took his last breathe around 2pm this afternoon. He fought a long hard battle, albeit short and sudden to us. He was surrounded by his brothers, sons, wife, and other family. We miss him so much but know he is resting peacefully in Heaven
Friday and this morning were tough days. When all seemed to be going better, his lungs took an absolute nose dive. By the evening he was on 100% oxygen and being artificially kept alive. Once the family arrived, we decided not to prolong a suffering life.
Such a fighter, amazing father, and loving friend.
We'll update again with details about the viewing here soon. I'm sorry to be brief, but please email me with questions about his last days.
Love
Jeff
I'm so, so sorry for your family's loss. We are praying for you all that you find comfort during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you all! I will miss him so much! The best boss in the whole wide world - such a gentle, loving, giving person -- love and prayers to you Jeff, Marian, Jeremy and Kevin -- God Bless!!!! Kathy
ReplyDeleteWe took a look at your dads blog this afternoon and were so incredibly saddened by Steve's passing . I remember when Steve invited my husband, Lowell, and our daughter for the outing in Rhinelander. They had a wonderful time. Over the many years, Steve has stopped over to our home for cocktails and conversation and it was always wonderful to see him. All of those who knew him in Fort Wayne will miss him. Our heavy hearts are with you all.
ReplyDeleteJanet Gratigny
Marian and family - Our hearts go out to all of you, it is so hard to let someone go. YOu know it is the right move for their peace but damn it anyway! Your memories will shine bright as he continues to live with you and in you! Marian - we love you and support you near and far!
ReplyDeleteLynn and Art
We are so sorry........we are praying with very sorrowful hearts this morning. It is our hope that the comfort of loved ones will help start the healing for this recent loss. We will miss Uncle Steve's infectious laughter, his smile, his warmth..........you are in our thoughts, prayers and minds.......All our love to you all, Heitor, Susan-Jayne, Sebastian and Sofia Caballero
ReplyDeleteI'm sending this with a heavy heart. Although I don't see Steve often, he is still family and I'm so sad that I won't see his smiling face is again. My and my families hearts are with all of you today and our prayers are for you to find comfort in knowing that he's in a better place. I know we're very sad now, I know our sadness will be replaced with lots of wonderful memories of his. I'll never forget the fact that he came all the way up here to represent your family at my dads funeral. We've always loved your family like our own. Rest in peace Steve until we meet again.
ReplyDeleteSo shock here. Steve was one great guy. Sitting here with a tear in my eye, just thinking how much fun we had in just a short amount of time when I lived in Chicago. I can remember going back to see Aunt Eve and Steve brother. I wish I would of drop into see him when I was back in Chicago a few years back. Damn Steve old buddy I will miss you never stop thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteyour cuz
Joe Duncan
To the Cochran Family--know that the Hughes family will keep you all in our prayers. We were shocked and saddened to hear about all of this last night- we had no idea. Tony, Mary and girls.
ReplyDeleteTo the Cochran's:
ReplyDeleteYou are in our thoughts and prayers.
He was such a wonderful person.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Michael and Amy Goodman
To The Cochran's
ReplyDeleteOur hearts go out to you. He was a dear dear friend. You all will be in the thoughts and prayers of the entire Machir family.
Sara, John, Stuart, Vanessa & Troy
So sorry to hear of Steve's passing. He was one of the good guys who truly loved his family. We will all miss him.
ReplyDeleteRuth and Larry Cohen
I just cannot find the words. We are so sad for all of you. Steve will be immeasurably missed. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteGayle Christen
We all loved Uncle Steve so much. We have been remembering all the fun times we had with him and shared our stories at dinner last night. He will always be remembered as the warm and wonderful man he was. Our thoughts and prayers will continue for his family and friends. Warmest, Rob, Raylene, David, and Olivia Foster
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry to hear this news, it just truly breaks our hearts :( He was such a great guy! I will never forget the first year at Dads and Kids and that darn softball game..haha! We will miss him very much. Your friends from Dads and Kids in Minnesota!!! Nikki, John, Rob and Joe and families..
ReplyDeleteI'm heartbroken. Steve was one of the kindest, funniest, genuine people I've known. I consider myself lucky to have known him for these short 6 years. He will remain in our hearts and minds always. When my Dad died 4 years ago this weekend, I was comforted to read all the comments, stories and remembrances of him. My hope is the Coach's family will find some comfort in the comments written here.
ReplyDelete